Froda was founded in 2015 with a clear vision - to revolutionize the banking experience for entrepreneurs by making it easy and affordable to invest in their ideas. Today, we are one of Sweden's fastest-growing fintech companies with large international growth plans. We are a creative tech company with the ambition to turn a historically expensive and unfair industry into something ethical and sustainable by promoting entrepreneurship.
Behind the company are many well-known investors and talents from e.g. Avanza, Spotify, Google, and Klarna. Froda's Chairman of the Board is Nicklas Storåkers (former CEO of Avanza).
About the role
Froda is at the unique point of taking our data analytics and real-time decisioning to the next level. We are now looking for a Data Engineer to help us develop our data framework.
In this role you will be part of our Tech team but also work very closely with our data analysts and data scientists. You will get a unique chance to be a part of a growing startup with massive potential, yet the stability of being a profitable company with a 6-year long track record with a banking license as a quality stamp (KMB Tillstånd).
What you will do
- Design, develop and maintain data pipelines for real-time decisioning, reporting, analytics and related functions.
- Continuously suggest and work on improvements to our platform and make sure our tech is state of the art.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other back-end engineers, data scientists and data analysts.
- Have a key role in evolving Froda's data strategy as well as in the development and realization of our data platform.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work hands on in a fast-paced, exciting and collaborative startup company with ambitious co-workers that also honor the work life balance
- Real possibilities to impact tech strategy and decisions. In this role you will play a key role in the development of our data platform. We are a passionate team with an open culture and we truly believe that the best decisions are taken by combining people's knowledge!
- Have the ability to impact one's own work and tackle a wider set of tasks. At Froda, you will truly have freedom under responsibility.
Who are you?
- A few years of relevant experience as a Data Engineer or similar
- Experience in using cloud computing platforms such as GCP, Azure or AWS
- Experience in a wide variety of data storing and pipelining technologies (e.g. HDFS, Redshift, Spark, Flink, Storm, Kafka, Postgres, MSSQL)
- Experience of batch and real-time data processing
- A self-going and collaborative person who both loves working in teams as well as taking own initiatives.
- Relevant education with a degree in engineering or comparable skills
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Occupational pension (Tjänstepension)
- Subsidised active health-care (Friskvårdsbidrag)
- Warrant program for employees (optionsprogram för anställda)
- Competitive salary